KEAM 2021: KEAM (Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical Exam) 2021 is a state level entrance exam which is organized by the CEE (Commissioner of Entrance Examination), Kerala. KEAM 2021 exam will be organized in several cities of the country. After clearing/passing this exam, candidates will get admission in numerous streams of engineering courses.
Previously this examination was organized for providing admission in medical, engineering, agriculture & many other courses. From 2016 ahead, KEAM exam was arranged to provide admission in engineering courses only. For admission in allied health science courses & medical including agriculture candidate need to qualify the NEET examination, and for architecture course, candidates need to clear the NATA exam. In this article we provide every information related to KEAM 2021: Application form, Eligibility, Exam Dates, Syllabus, Result, Councelling etc.
KEAM Exam – Highlights
KEAM 2021 Exam Date
Tentative exam date for KEAM 2021 is given in below table. After the official dates get announced we will update it on our website:
|Selling security card along with prospectus available from||First week of January 2021|
|application form released on||First week of January 2021|
|Last date to apply for online application form||Last week of January 2021|
|Admit card available from||Last week of March 2021|
|Examination date||Last week of April 2021|
|Result Declaration||Fourth week of May 2021|
KEAM Application Form 2021
- Registration for KEAM 2021 will be done by both offline mode as well asonline mode.
- Candidates can get the application form for KEAM 2021 from 1stweek of January 2021.
- Aspirants are instructed/warned to do not fill more than 1 application form.
- After that candidates need to fill all the required details in the application form carefully.
- After that candidates need to upload their scannedphoto, signature & thumb impression in prescribed format.
- Candidates are required to send their printed & filled application formalong with all the required documents to the address given below:
Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations,
5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar,
- Candidates belong to general category need to pay 800/- forapplication fee whereas candidates belong to SC category need to pay Rs. 400/- for the same.
- For ST candidates there is no application fee.
- Application fee will be made either with Security Cardwhich can be bought/purchased from Demand Draft (DD) or by the selected Post Office .
- The DD should be drawn from a Scheduled/Nationalized Bank, in favor of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, payable/owed at Thiruvananthapuram.
Candidates need to check their eligibility criteria for the courses they want to apply:
- Candidate must be Indian citizens then he/she is eligible to apply for this exam.
- OCI(Overseas Citizen of India)/ PIO (Persons of Indian Origins) are also eligible to apply for this exam.
- Candidates belong to Kerala state are categorized as Non-Keralite category Iand Non-Keralite Category II, Keralite.
- Minimum Age: Candidates having age of 17 years as on or before 31stof December of the year of admission.
- Maximum Age: No upper age limit for this exam.
- Qualification:Candidates looking for admission in engineering courses must have complete their 10+2 oralike exam from any well-known board.
- Percentage:Candidate need to secure minimum 50% of marks in PCMsubjects and also need to secure minimum 50% of marks in mathematics individually.
- Appearing Candidates:Candidates those who are appearing in their Higher Secondary exam are also eligible to apply for the exam.
KEAM Exam Pattern
- Mode: Exam will be conducted via offline mode (i.e. using pen & paper based mode).
- Number of papers: Examination will be held in 2 papers.
- Duration: Total time duration given is 5 hours, i.e. 2+1/2 hour for each paper.
- Types of question: MCQ’s (Multiple choice Question).
- Total questions: Each paper contain 120 Questions whichmeans paper contain total 240 question.
- Marking Scheme: For each and every right answer candidates will be rewarded with 4 marks.
- Negative Marking: For each and every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted for the same.
|Paper||Subject||Total Questions||Mark Scheme||Duration|
|Paper I||Physics & Chemistry||120||1 * 4=480||2:30 hour (i.e. 150 minutes)|
|Paper II||Mathematics||120||1 * 4=480||2:30 hour (i.e. 150 minutes)|
- The Syllabus will contain several topics from subjects like PCM (physics, chemistry and mathematics) subjects.
- The standard of the KEAM 2021 examination will be of 12thor alike exam.
- Candidates need to prepare for the exam from the above mentioned topics (i.e. PCM).
- Candidates are advised that questions are not based onNCERT textbook or other textbook.
How to Prepare for KEAM
- firstly make a study time-tableand follow that table strictly.
- Know all your syllabus to the depth and prepare according to the syllabus.
- Candidates can also check the previous year’s paperto know the examination pattern and the type of questions asked in the examination.
- Follow the good books & study materialswhile preparing for the examination.
- Take a healthy diet & proper sleep during the preparations of exam.
KEAM Admit Card 2021
Admit card for KEAM 2021 will be available via online mode from the official website. Candidates will get their admit card in the last week of March 2021. Candidates will be needed to enter their DOB and application number to download their admit card. Admit card will not be send by post or any means to any candidate. Candidate personal details and details of exam centre/venue, exam time, exam date, etc. will be mentioned in their admit card.
Steps to Download KEAM 2021 Admit Card
- The candidates will have to login using their KEAM 2021 application number and date of birth.
- Click on Submit button
- All details present in the admit card must be cross-checked before downloading it.
- Print out of the downloaded admit card has to be taken.
KEAM Exam Centres 2021
The examination of KEAM 2021 will be held across 18 cities of India and Dubai. While filling the application form, the candidates will be able to select their preferred KEAM examination centre from the provided list.
Exam Centres of KEAM 2021
|S.No||KEAM 2021 Exam Centres|
KEAM Answer Key
Answer Key for KEAM 2021 will be available after the few days of exam. Candidates can check the answer key from the official website. With the help of answer key, candidate can verify their marks. For making any complaints related to the answer key, candidates need to pay Rs. 100/- per question before the last date. The fee can be paid via Demand Draft drawn in the favor of CEE, owed/payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
KEAM Cutoff 2021
The cutoff of KEAM 2021 will be published by the concerned authorities after the end of each round of counselling. The minimum marks required for admissions into the participating institutes will be listed out in the released cutoff. Those candidates who meet the determined cutoff will have high chances of being allotted through KEAM 2021. The opening and closing ranks of the various participating institutes, categories and branches will be available in KEAM 2021 cutoff.
Result for KEAM 2021 will be published in the 4th week of May 2021. Candidates can check their results through online mode from the official website. A separate merit list will be organized for all the courses on the basis of marks grab/secured by the candidate. Merit list will be organized/arranged on the basis of 50:50 criteria, i.e. 50% for marks secured in the KEAM 2021 exam and 50% for marks secured in the qualifying examination.
Steps to Check KEAM 2021 Result
- The candidates will have to submit their KEAM 2021 application number and password.
- Click on “Submit”
- The result will be displayed on the screen. The candidates will have to download and print out the KEAM result 2021 for future reference.
KEAM Rank Predictor
Admission in engineering courses will be done on the basis of rank secured by the candidates in KEAM entrance examination. On the basis of final merit list the KEAM rank card will be made. Candidates can predict their rank with the help of rank predictor.
KEAM 2021 Counselling
Admission Process for KEAM 2021 will be began after the merit list get released. The process of seats allocation will be prepared by CAP (Centralized Allotment Process). It will be done via SWS (Single Window System). In the counselling process, candidates need to fill the colleges/stream of their choices and lock the choices. Seats will be allotted to candidates as per the rank secured in merit list, availability of seats in colleges & filled choices. After the seat allotment procedure, candidates are required to appear at their allotted college to complete their admission process.
KEAM Seat Allotment 2021
Allotment of seats will be done through a Centralized Allotment Process (CAP). A mock allotment round will be held through which the candidates will be able to know the process works and change their preferences accordingly. Allotment of seats will be done based on the ranking of the candidates in the released rank list and his/her preference of college and course. A list of the allotted candidates and their institutes will be published in online mode. All of the selected candidates will have to report at their allotted institutes within the specified time. Document verification and payment of tuition fees have to be done to confirm the admission.
KEAM Reservation of Seats 2021
Apart from the All India Quota seats, a number of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to various categories. The breakdown of the reserved seats is given below for the candidates.
Reserved Seats for KEAM 2021
|S.No||Categories||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
|1||State Merit (SM)||60%|
|2||Socially and Educationally Backward Classes||30%|
If any candidate having any query related to KEAM 2021, then feel free to leave your query below in the comment box.